To launch Makeup by Meags, I wanted to share with you my signature look. It's my absolute favourite, go-to makeup routine. I hope you love it just as much as I do!
So, the theory behind my signature look is ensuring a perfect base. If your skin is looking great, pared down lips and eyes will make you look fresh and polished. Lets face it- spending hours trying to perfect a smokey eye or liquid eyeliner can be touch-and-go at the best of times. However, putting time into your base routine is time well spent. Making sure you leave the house with even, flawless skin is a fail-safe way to make sure you look- and most importantly feel- your best for all occasions.
Here's how I do it
1. Moisturise with a hydrating moisturiser - key word hydrating! (I love Embryolisse)
2. Prime your skin - rub a small amount of your chosen primer all over the face in a thin veil ( I am loving Laura Mercier Radiance Primer at the moment)
3. Foundation or bb cream - apply all over the face with a brush, my all time favourite is the XO Beauty Flat Top Face Brush (changed my life)
4. Conceal the dark corners of the eye next to your nose and any darkness under the eye. Plus put a super thin veil over your eyelid up to your eyebrow with your finger. Everyones eyelids are multicoloured/ pigmented so this really freshens up the eyes. This is one of the most important steps and probably makes the biggest difference to your face - I used Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
5.Lightly powder everything with a sheer pressed powder such as Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
6. Optional - lightly blend a matte bronzer under the cheek bones and around the edges of the face then highlight the cheek bones ( I am OBSESSED with the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow!)
7. Use a good amount of blush on the apple of the cheek and blend out the edges (smile in a mirror and they will pop out for you) I still think Pale Pink Blush by Bobbi brown is one of the most flattering shades of all time.
8. Groom those brows, brush them through and then add any brow pencil or powder if needed. Usually just brushing them makes a massive difference. Try Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
9. Line the top lash line, this doesn’t need to end in a flick. Make sure to keep your eyeliner of choice as close to the lashes as possible and line from the inside corner to the outer most lash. I've used Bobbi Brown Black Gel Liner for this look
10. Mascara - Make sure you get all up in there with your mascara, most people don’t put enough on. Wiggle the brush right in at the base of your lashes and then brush out to the ends. Repeat. And repeat again. And then maybe just do it once more for luck. I personally think Loreal do great mascaras but for this look i used Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara.
11. Apply a soft coloured lipstick or gloss and your done!
Good luck giving this a go- you'll be thanking me come party season. Be sure to tag me in your pictures, I would love to see them!
Do you have any amazing products you can recommend? Tell me in the comments below